Monday, January 14, 2013

Lots of Oil Rigs In West TX






More Mts. W TX

Mountains W TX






After Driving through the Hill Country of TX, yesterday the terrain changed again and although you're not at sea level anymore, it becomes flat again - except you can feel the elevation  - you know you're closer to the clouds - just wide open land - no congestion of people, few houses, few trees - just fences and oil rigs. Driving past 20 rigs in the fields,  one will be operational. Most are silent. Also, sometimes I smelled oil as I was driving along - and it wasn't my car! (although that could always be a possibility!)
     I have seen three moving trains so far on this trip - and all three were in Texas. (What does that mean? I don't know - I like trains.)
Finally, as I approached New Mexico I saw mountains again - the pictures don't do them justice - they looked quite huge to me. They are not the Rockies after all.... Phew!!These little babies were quite formidable viewing them from the plain.
   Temperature dropping at this high elevation - mid 40s. But skies are bright and sunny.
Staying in Las Cruces, NM. The night of 1/14/13 I slept in Fort Stockton, TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment